The 2022 BWF Badminton World Championships will soon take place in Tokyo, Japan, from 22 to 28 August. This tournament will be attended by hundreds of players from dozens of countries.
Indonesia, which had withdrawn from the previous edition, will send delegates to all events.
Meanwhile, China, whose dominance is still very strong, will not send its representatives in the men’s doubles because they recently underwent an overhaul in the sector.
As a result, none of their men’s doubles representatives will be able to compete at the Tokyo 2022 World Championships.
The tournament host Japan, which arguably failed at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, also sent representatives in all disciplines. They have a great chance to win in the men’s and women’s doubles events.
Based on the current badminton strength map, here are the predictions of the winner in each event:
- Men’s singles: Viktor Axelsen (DEN)
- Women’s singles: Chen Yufei (CHN) / Tai Tzu-ying (TPE) / An Se-young (KOR)
- Men’s doubles: Fajar Alfian and Muhammad Rian Ardianto (INA) / Takuro Hoki and Yugo Kobayashi (JPN)
- Women’s doubles: Chen Qingchen and Jia Yifan (CHN) / Nami Matsuyama and Chiharu Shida (JPN)
- Mixed doubles: Zheng Siwei and Huang Yaqiong (CHN) / Dechapol Puavaranukroh and Sapsiree Taetattanachai (THA)